Programme Assistant (HIS)
MAIN DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED:
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director General of the Planning and International Health Division - Ministry of Health, the incumbent will coordinate and provide technical and administrative support for the Health Information and Research Section for the implementation of District Health Information Software Version 2 (DHIS2) as mentioned in the TOR (below).
Terms of Reference – DHIS2 (Health Information System)
- The support staff should provide weekly progress updates to the focal point/team at Ministry of Health.
- To oversee the currently established Routine Health Information module of DHIS2 in coordination with data entry focal points in different health facilities across the country and to roll out DHIS2 in private health facilities and clinics which are currently not using DHIS2.
- To maintain a log of all issues encountered and coordinate with the consultant to trouble shoot these issues.
- To provide support to the International consultancy team with arranging meetings with stakeholder and arranging logistics and other requirements for trainings, collating necessary data from MoH (e.g. IT division), and monitoring the progress.
- Follow up and provide administrative support for implementation of tasks and deliverables included in the contract with the International consultant team. These include but is not limited to:
- Upgrading of currently used version of DHIS2
- Setup of automated backup procedure
- Development of necessary documentations such as contingency plan, use/reference manuals etc.
- Incorporating changes to the existing forms/formats with a focus on automation of data capture and roll out of these changes.
- Creation of relevant indicators & dashboards based on country and international requirements
- IP tracker development and roll out
- Optimization of the utilization of GIS
- Development & roll out of new reporting formats to capture administrative data used in different systems such as Vinavi (Asandha system) and GEMEN (birth and death registration system).
- System integration using API & data capture automation
- Development of mobile apps(s)